Trip To The Zoo!

Posted by Aleks at 8:58 PM

Thursday, March 27, 2008






Today we went to the zoo =)!
We woke up early and got dressed and ate breakfast, then we got in the car. Since the zoo was up in D.C. the car ride was an hour. We brought Madagascar to watch in the car, and to get us in the mood to go to the zoo. I brought my Zune and some books to keep me occupied. Car travel always gives me a headache though :0(
We picked Dad up from work at Alexandria, which was cool because I had never seen where he worked. On the way to the zoo we bought smoothies and I think the protein in them made my headache feel better.
After the long car ride, when we finally got there, the first animals we saw were the Llamas and the Cows.
We met up with my Mom's friend Heidi and her children. We saw prairie dogs, lions, tigers, and monkeys. Next we went to the gorilla house, there were lots of gorillas doing funny things. Later, we saw some horses, though they weren't as nice looking as Kate's horse Dutch.
Dad and I found the panda exhibit. It was really cool but you couldn't see the panda that much and then it went away. We also saw the elephants! They were huge, even the baby was huge.
All too soon it was time to go. We stopped to get something to eat on the way out of the zoo. While we were driving, I got another headache and I was hungry again. On the way back we saw the Washington Monument, a glimpse of the White House, the Pentagon, the Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Cemetery and a store called Pink, which I especially liked.
When we arrived at home we unpacked the car and then discovered out that a package had been delivered. So I asked Mom if we could open it, and we found a bunch of clothes and a few dresses. One of the dresses I will be wearing to the Ensign/ Young wedding. Thank you Mom and Dad for the clothes and for taking us to the zoo,
I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too!!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, Aleks!!

I saw all the cherry blossoms in the photos your mom and dad posted and I thought of YOU!!

I love the spring picture of you standing in front of your house. Spring is in the air!!

xo Grammy

Happy The Man said...

I can't understand why the zoo keeper wouldn't take you and your siblings back! I guess he knew better...