Happy Easter everyone!

Posted by Aleks at 7:15 PM

Sunday, March 23, 2008





Happy Easter everybody! Today when we came home we found Easter baskets full of goodies and bubbles! We are also going to decorate Easter eggs. Although I don't know if it will be the same without Aunt Theresa! Yesterday Gwen and I went over to our friends Sarah and Rachel's house and decorated eggs. We also got chalk and we've been playing with it all day! We also went to visit Matthew's grave, and we took pictures and brought him flowers. Dad talked to us about why Easter was important and we told him "because that's the day he was resurrected. So later when Nate and I were playing Nate said " Look it's a dead red ant! Then I said" that's gross and sad. Then Nate said" it's ok, they'll come back to life, and I said " um Nate, that's funny but I don't know if bugs will be resurrected or not. Well Thank you Mom and Dad for the best Easter Ever!!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Easter! I love that picture of Christ.

Theresa said...

And it wasn't the same Easter for us this year without the Bakers! We had SO MUCH FUN with you last year!

Happy The Man said...

Yes, I do think Aunts will resurrect too, even Aunt Theresa.

OK, wait a minute, I'm not sure about red ants though, I kind of hope not. But that was pretty observant of Nate to say that.

I'm glad you had a great day, it was nice. I'm super grateful for the resurrection in part because I'll get my "mop on top" (as Aunt Theresa says) back. But more importantly because we'll get to be with Matthew again and our heavenly family. I'm very much looking forward to that.

Cathleen said...

Well Aleks, you are getting to be quite the blogger. I like the pictures you chose, especially the one of Jesus!
I'm glad you enjoyed your day, I did too!