Today 2/24/08

Posted by Aleks at 8:37 PM

Sunday, February 24, 2008




This morning my Mom woke me up to get ready for church, so I got out of bed ( which is a pain on sundays) so I got up and picked out one of my new dresses to wear and then went downstairs for breakfast. For breakfast we had eggs, toast and orange juice. After breakfast I did what I normally did to get ready for school or church, brush teeth, brush hair, and get dressed. When we went to church I asked Gwen to take her camera and take some snapshots of our church. When we were driving home from church my Mom told me that people were coming to look at our house (because we have our house up for sale) and that we would have to clean... alot. so when everything looked good and we were almost ready to leave so that the people could look at our house in peace, we got another call and they said that they wanted to look at our house too. When we left our house we went to scoops for a quick ice cream (we don't normally do that on the sabbath but everybody was starving, and we had to go somewhere) after everybody was finished with there delicious ice cream or Italian ice we went to look at a few houses for sale. When we finally got back home my friends Sarah & Rachel came over to play with us. We went in my room(Gwen and I share a room) and Gwen showed Sarah and Rachel her friend book (book full of friend quiz's) then we went down in the basement to play the wii . When Sarah and Rachel had to go home we ate dinner.My Mom made chicken parmisan (that tasted great) and now I have to go to bed because virginia time it's 9:34 and we have school tomorrow. :)

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Who are Sarah and Rachel? What happened to Ellie? I hope she is still your friend, too!

I really am enjoying your blog, Aleks. I wish you could get a CAT, too, but they ARE a lot of responsibility (like that kitty litter box...) and maybe if you can show some real stewardship for other obligations you have in your home you will be able to get one. I know you have enough LOVE to be a good caretaker, but obviously you have to prove it to your mom and dad!!

Happy The Man said...

Actually, Aleks is the most responsible when it comes to taking care of Isabelle and I have no doubt she'd do a better job than any of the other kids in our family with a caretaker responsibility. She has proven herself with Isabelle.

But that we still have little kids around that would play with the little almond rocas in the kitty litter box and there is still the mess and smell and there are expenses associated. I'd be more inclined to have an outdoor pet but I know nobody would pick up the doo-doo.

Outdoor cats are hunters and they bring headless animals to the front porch and into the garage as trophies. We've been there and done that.

Responsibility is a factor but it's only one of many factors.

Cathleen said...

Aleks...you really should have a talk with your parents....ice cream on the sabbath....tsk tsk!

Kate said...

Hi aleks it's kate well ovcorse you know me.So i just wanted to say hi.O! and my mom wanted to say hi to.And i was wondering when i would Come-DOWN!!!!!!!Well so write me back.

Theresa said...

Get a DOG!

Aleks said...

Ellie is more of a school friend now and Sarah and Rachel are our neighbors too.