Dad's birthday (again)

Posted by Aleks at 10:30 PM

Friday, April 4, 2008

Today was my Dad's 47th birthday! Unfortunately Gwen and Jonathan's stomachs were hurting so they didn't go to school. Since there are only three of us in Elementary ( Jonathan Gwen and Aleks) and Jonathan and Gwen were sick, I was alone. But it didn't feel really different because on the bus I sit in the last seat and they sit in the front seat. Also my classroom is the last classroom in the whole building and their classes are in the front of the building. I also don't really pass by them in the hall, I do see Jonathan at lunch period though. When I came home Mom, Gwen, and Jonathan weren't there. Apparently they left to run some errands, so I got started on my homework. My homework is usually a lot but I almost always finish it at school, but I didn't finish math. Everyday for math homework we have to work in my math book. My teacher expects us to finish the whole book she said it was because we were a little bit behind in math. After homework was finished I started writing in my book. I am writing a book called "The School Year" and I am trying to make 30 - 50 pages long. So far I have already finished 14 pages and I started yesterday. After that Mom, called she told us to put up streamers and the Happy Birthday sign. So we got started. It was awesome when we finished! I even used streamers to write "Dad" on the door! When Mom got home we unloaded groceries. Mom then left again to buy artichokes, candles, cake, and diet soda for Tory. Mom also bought steak to put on the BBQ for dinner. When Dad arrived at home for work, everybody hid and yelled surprise when he walked in. Mom finished making dinner and Gregory's friend Kyle joined us. After that it was time to have cake and sing Happy Birthday to Dad. I brought my guitar down and played Happy Birthday for him and then we had cake. That was about it! Wow I'm pooped! Hope everybody had a great "Dad's birthday"! Happy Birthday Dad, I love you and thank you!

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Thank me? Thank you!

I guess I forgot to mention on my blog post that you played "happy birthday" on your guitar didn't I? I guess I was trying to keep it short as I tend to ramble on in detail like some of my children (and my mother).

But yes, thank you for helping get the singers in tune and for all the work on the preparations/decorations. It was an awesome day for me, because of all that you guys did. Thanks again.

Joyce said...

What an awesome birthday your dad had and I love your lonnnnng blog.

Does your dad think his mom is a nosey lady, as well as a yakkity yakker?!

He told his teacher (in the 4th grade) that his mom was a real busy body!!!

Can you imagine that?!!

XO to Aleks!!!! Grammy

Happy The Man said...

I remember that. Grammy was always so busy... I didn't realize that busy body meant that she was into everyone else's business.